I’ve decided to do a little something different…
On the first Thursday of every month, I’m going to share a list of my favorite things at the moment. I’ve been getting into some great stuff lately, and I’d love to share with y’all in a format other than insta story. So without further adieu, I’d like to introduce you to the first installment of First Thursday Faves!
With all the fantastic Netflix shows coming back recently (i.e. House of Cards and OITNB), I thought I would give y’all a guide to my absolute favorite shows to binge watch.
- Parenthood: My number one favorite show of all time is Parenthood. The day I found out the Braverman family was available to me on Netflix was the most fantastic day. I don’t care who you are, you can relate to someone in this show. You will laugh, you will cry, and gosh darn it you will want to be a Braverman by the end of it. To this day, Dustin will you tell that the saddest and most emotional he has ever seen me was during the series finale of Parenthood. I’ll leave it at that.
- Parks and Rec: This is by far one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Not only do the episodes go by super quick, but all of the characters are actually interesting. I have this problem with shows where I start to resent all the characters, and this never happened in Parks and Rec. If you can make it through Bye, Bye Little Sebastian without shedding a tear, I salute you. I clearly get emotionally attached to TV shows….
- The Wire: I have many mixed emotions about this show. It’s a long emotional battle that might be better suited for the winter months when you really don’t want to leave your house. I absolutely love the way this show is shot. Each season is from a different perspective and the last season is just perfection. It’s definitely a downer, so if you’re not into dark shows, I’d stay away from this one.
- Gilmore Girls: I mean, what kind of relationship is better than the one between Lorelai and Rory? I will never get tired of this show. It’s such an easy show to watch, but so clever and funny. I am actually rewatching it all the way through right now while Dustin is on the road and it just makes me feel good.
- Friday Night Lights: Two words… Tim Riggins. This is one of the first shows that Dustin and I watched together and I completely fell in love with it (and him). It kind of takes a weird turn with the whole East Dillon thing, but Coach Taylor can really do no wrong. I actually delayed watching the finale for over a week because I didn’t want it to end. Texas, Texas forever.
- The Office: I think I’m the only person on the planet who thinks Michael Scott is annoying and actually likes Toby, but I still adore this show. There are a lot of seasons, so it takes a while, but it is so hilarious. The Jim and Pam romance is simply the best.
- The Sopranos: This is another VERY long series. It’s more on the serious side, but a great show. It’s funny to look back on something that was made in the 90s and is still pretty relevant today. I love Tony Soprano even if he is the mob boss.
- Breaking Bad: Speaking of hating all the characters at the end… This show is super dark and kind of hard to get through at the end. The creators did an incredible job of completely transforming characters over the course of the show. Cinematically, this show is amazing. Emotionally… It’s kind of depressing.
- Dawson’s Creek: It’s a classic. I remember watching this show when I was younger and thinking how great it would be to be a teenager. I rewatched the entire series a few years ago and holy smokes, Dawson and crew were dealing with some STUFF. It is very dramatic, but I love baby James van der Beek and Katie Holmes. Also, the clothes in this show are fantastic.
- Mad Men: Oh, Don Draper. Another leading male who is actually a horrible human being, but you can’t help but love him. Some of the middle seasons are a little slow, but the last seasons does an awesome job of really tying all the loose ends. It also makes you want to work in advertising in New York… Or LA.
I hope y’all like these suggestions! Let me know if you think I left some good shows off the list or if you decide to watch one of the above.