I love this dress from Firefly Boutique! Normally I think midi dresses make me look short, but the ruffles on this one hit at just the right place. It is so flowy and pretty, it is perfect for summer!
A few weeks ago Lindsey in the Queen City turned 1! I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for a full year. It has been fun, complicated, time consuming, exciting and very rewarding. I have gotten to meet so many amazing people and it has certainly been a year I won’t forget. I wanted to share with y’all a few things I’ve learned along the way.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone has been so important as I’ve learned to blog over the past year. Is posting solo photos of myself not awkward sometimes? Heck yeah it is! But it’s super fun to show y’all everything that I’m loving and showing off brands, clothes, and jewelry that I really believe in. When I first started LITQC, I really didn’t think it would end up having a fashion component, however, I love what it has evolved into and the niche that I’ve found myself in.
- Since I decided to start a blog, it has been my goal to remain as authentic as possible. I’m never going to share an outfit, recipe, or beauty product that I don’t use or love. It’s super easy to get sucked in and post something that will get tons of likes, but what is that really accomplishing? My goal is to serve y’all and share things that you will find interesting, helpful, and satisfying.
- Time management is so key while trying to maintain a full time job and a side hustle blog. There have certainly been days where I’m typing the last few sentences minutes before a post goes live, but my best content comes when I’ve truly planned it all out. Planning a month in advance has been so helpful for me because it gives me flexibility to change something around if I need to and have a back up plan. It also gives me the freedom to take my time when creating posts. I’m not rushing to get something out there tomorrow, but I have 3 weeks to make it awesome!
- Quality photos make all the difference. This is a lesson I’m still learning and I’m currently looking into purchasing a camera for my food photos and flat lays. I honestly don’t know what I would do without Alyssa from Studio AH. She has been the best photographer and friend! I absolutely love her work and she has helped me create some of my best content. If you are looking to start a blog, find someone to take your photos who understands your goals, gets your personality, and will tell you when something looks terrible. It helps more than you can imagine!
- The last major thing I’ve learned is that sharing personal, life stuff is something y’all love to see. It’s no secret that when Dustin is featured on the blog, I get TONS of views. I think y’all love him as much as I do! I never want this platform to just be surface level. I want y’all to get to know me and my life through these posts. I want to be an open book and hope to one day be able to share babies and birthday parties and all the fun (and real) stuff that life is going to throw my way!
Thanks to my wonderful readers who have been around since the beginning and new ones that have been here just a few days. All of this is 100% for y’all and I’m so happy you’re here! Cheers to many more years on Lindsey in the Queen City!