2018 was a great year, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see it end. 2019 is going to be a good one, I can just feel it. I’ve been busy thinking about goals I want to hit and how I’m going to make it happen. I’ve made a list of resolutions that will push me in the right direction to reach those goals.
- Be Intentional: In 2018 I started a new job and jumped into it head first. Because I was trying to learn and do my best, other priorities slipped to the wayside. I forgot birthdays, anniversaries, and didn’t even plan for Christmas cards this year. In 2019 I am going to be more organized and pay attention to details and plans. By being intentional, I (hopefully) won’t miss the things that I carelessly did this year.
- Be a Better Friend: This is somewhat tied into being intentional, but I feel like I haven’t kept in touch with my friends, especially those that live far away, very well in 2018. I have lots of exciting things happening for some of my best friends in 2019 and I want to be as supportive and present for them as possible. Whether it’s a wedding, a baby, or a promotion at work, I want to celebrate my friends as best I can!
- Be Present: I want to spend less time on my phone and way more time in the moment this year. That can be difficult at times, especially while trying to create content for the blog, but I always enjoy myself much more when I am in the moment. Dustin always helps keep me accountable for this, so I know he’ll push me to get better in 2019.
- Be Healthier: What’s a resolution list without something pertaining to health? This goal is not about a number on a scale, but it’s about energy, feeling better, and getting stronger. Dustin and I bought a NordickTrack bike on Black Friday (which I will be reviewing for you soon!) and I love it! I want to get back on track with meal prepping and getting back in a routine with working out. I’m also putting a focus on self care this year to help limit stress and keep my mind healthy too.
- Goal setting: I have always been one to think about my goals and then forget them in three weeks. This year I am putting all of my goals (personal, work, blog, fitness, spiritual) in writing so I can actually track myself throughout the year. I’ve got both long term and short term goals in all aspects of my life. I feel like having these goals are going to keep me on track with my overall resolutions.
I love a fresh start and I am so excited to see what 2019 will bring! I have so many fun things coming up that I can’t wait to share with you. Cheers to the New Year!